At my girlfriend’s place. About to have a chicken roast meal for the second night in a row before driving home. Hopefully gonna get web mentions working on my site tonight.
A very intersting article by @Gruber: http://daringfireball.net/2014/02/working_backwards
Just compare the number of phones Apple make compared to Samsung for an example of focus.
Looking forward to a Sunday roast made by Sophie. Roast pork plus crackling, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, roast sprouts with bacon, glazed carrots, and pork, sage and onion stuffing. Followed by jam rolly-polly. I don’t deserve a such a great girlfriend.
Wow it’s windy tonight!
Sweet Lego advert on ITV just now. Really want to go and see that film.
Just testing everything still works with the micropub API after updating the codebase.
nginx only just got spdy/3 support out in time for Firefox 27. Good job though.
Here’s some links and things I’ve found interesting recently:
- https://github.com/veltman/principles -- a nice little list of rules to try to abide to when developing for the web,
- http://adrianshort.org/2013/12/22/some-websites-should-be-unblockable/ -- an excellent point about the inherent downsides of having a state mandated censored web,
- http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/12/inquiring-minds-joshua-greene-moral-tribes -- some scientists put our sense of right and wrong under the microscope, with fascinating results,
- http://www.newstatesman.com/2013/11/5-benefit-changes-government-dont-want-you-know-about -- how the UK government is screwing over the disabled people in our country, truly disgusting,
- http://blog.adrianroselli.com/2014/01/w3c-eme-is-not-drm-nor-other-fear.html -- an excellent article on what the W3C EME is and why it isn’t DRM.
Some of these may spur full articles in the future. Maybe not. #readinglist