It’s Safer Internt Day today. So remember kids, stay safe out there.
Sweet Lego advert on ITV just now. Really want to go and see that film.
Just testing everything still works with the micropub API after updating the codebase.
nginx only just got spdy/3 support out in time for Firefox 27. Good job though.
Here’s some links and things I’ve found interesting recently:
- https://github.com/veltman/principles -- a nice little list of rules to try to abide to when developing for the web,
- http://adrianshort.org/2013/12/22/some-websites-should-be-unblockable/ -- an excellent point about the inherent downsides of having a state mandated censored web,
- http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/12/inquiring-minds-joshua-greene-moral-tribes -- some scientists put our sense of right and wrong under the microscope, with fascinating results,
- http://www.newstatesman.com/2013/11/5-benefit-changes-government-dont-want-you-know-about -- how the UK government is screwing over the disabled people in our country, truly disgusting,
- http://blog.adrianroselli.com/2014/01/w3c-eme-is-not-drm-nor-other-fear.html -- an excellent article on what the W3C EME is and why it isn’t DRM.
Some of these may spur full articles in the future. Maybe not. #readinglist
Wow, this microhub API stuff actually works!
Lot’s of work on my site. Using short URLs better conforming to [Whistle’s spec](http://tantek.pbworks.com/w/page/21743973/Whistle#design). I’m also working on implementing the micropub API. IndieAuth authorisation is done. Just need to make it post.
The more complex aspect would be making my backend accept micropub created posts.
Next on the list is incorporating webmention support. Not really an indieweb site till I do.
I dislike it when Twitter doesn’t play ball.
I am active to varying degrees on several silos:
- I keep in touch with friends on Facebook
- I follow people I find interesting on Twitter
- I push code to GitHub
- I scrobble songs to last.fm that I listen to on Spotify
- I post photos to Instagram
- I also post to pnut.io
My usual online nickname is normally
jonnybarnes for other services. I also syndicate my content
to the IndieWeb friendly site
profile pic. I also have a
key, with fingerprint. You can email me
at jonny at my domain, or message me on